Bitmoji is your own personal emoji creating app. You can create an expressive cartoon avatar of yourself and share it to your friends in any platform you like be it iMessage, Messenger, Whatsapp etc. You can choose from a huge library of stickers – all featuring you. You can even connect Bitmoji in Snapchat and wherever else you chat.
How to Install Bitmoji App?
Bitmoji is available in App Store and Play Store. You can download the app according to your software. For iPhone, Go to your App Store, search for Bitmoji in the search bar and click on Get. Enter your Touch ID or Apple ID password when prompted in screen. For android, go to Play Store, search for Bitmoji and click on install.
Sign Up For Bitmoji / Register Bitmoji Account
There are two ways to sign up for Bitmoji, one with the Snaphat and the another with the email. You can choose any one of the way depending on what you want to use Bitmoji with, as mentioned below:
- Snapchat — Tap Log in with Snapchat, enter your Snapchat username or email address, enter your Snapchat password, and tap Log In. After doing this, you can skip ahead to the Snapchat section.
- Email — Otherwise, Tap Sign up with Email, select a date of birth >>tap Continue>>enter your first name, last name, email address, and password, and tap Sign Up.
Note: There is a chrome extension for Bitmoji as well, for which you can login with facebook or sign up with your email.
Now you will have to follow the following steps to create a Bitmoji of your own:
Select a Gender
There appears the male and female avatars on your screen. Choose your gender by clicking on either.Currently, Bitmoji only supports female and male avatars as shown in the picture below.
After you have clicked on any, a message to take selfie is prompted on the screen. You can take a selfie and create your own cartoon version.Your hairstyle created on the emoji depends on the type of head-wear you have on.
- Skin tone
- Hair Color
- Hair treatment
- Eye shape
- Eye size
- Eye spacing
- Eye color
- Eyebrow color
- Face shape
- Cheek lines
- Forehead lines
- Eyes lines
- Eye shadow
- Body Type
- Chest Size
- Go to Settings of the Bitmoji app.
- Click on Keyboard Instructions.
- Follow the instructions given by Bitmoji.
Now you will have the Bitmoji available in your keyboard as shown below. Click on the Globe icon on your iPhone’s keyboard and select Bitmoji. Now you can select any Bitmoji. The Bitmoji will be copied to the clipboard and now you can paste it in the message box and send it to others.
Setting up Bitmoji on Android
Install the Bitmoji app.
Open your Android’s Google Play Store, then follow the steps mentioned below:
- Type in Bitmoji in the search bar, then tap Bitmoji — Your Personal Emoji in the drop-down menu.
- Tap INSTALL, then tap ACCEPT if prompted in the screen.
Add the Bitmoji Keyboard to your Android:
You can add the Bitmoji avatar options to your Android’s keyboard, if you want to use Bitmoji in other applications.You can then select the Bitmoji keyboard by long-pressing the globe icon or space in the keyboard.
- Bitmoji can only be used with Gboard, which is the Google Keyboard used on many Androids. You can install Gboard from the Play Store in your android Phone.
- Remember that Bitmoji isn’t supported by all apps, though you’ll be able to use it to send avatars in messaging apps such as Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp and Viber etc.
Signing In and Designing the Avatar is same in android and iPhone. Follow the steps mentioned above for iPhone. Adding Bitmoji in android phone’s keyboard is different than that of iPhone.
Connecting Bitmoji to Snapchat
Tap the Snapchat app icon, which resembles a white ghost on a yellow background as shown in the figure above. If you’re logged in, it will open the Snapchat camera view. But, if you aren’t automatically logged into your Snapchat account, then you need to login to your Snapchat account.
Tap Agree & Connect when prompted:
Doing so will connect your existing Bitmoji character to your Snapchat account.If you didn’t create a Bitmoji via your email address, you’ll instead have to create a Bitmoji and then connect the Bitmoji app with your Snapchat.
Therefore, these are the ways to create your personal emoji in iOS or android, connect them with your Snapchat account and share the Bitmoji in other messaging platform. If you have any confusions or views regarding the post comment below.