Are you having trouble setting up a PayPal account? Are you still confused about the concept of PayPal? We are here to clear your doubts. Let’s start with what actually is PayPal.
PayPal is a service that enables us to pay, send money and accept payments, that is, it is a service for secure transfer of money. There is an app made available in the name of PayPal Mobile in both Google Play and App Store. PayPal is used to send payments to almost anywhere in the world in seconds. Through PayPal, you can manage the ways you send, receive and spend money at a glance. We all know that online money transactions can be very unsecured and risky but PayPal uses data encryption and anti-fraud technology to help keep your information secure, reducing the risk of online fraud which makes the online transaction of money safer and easier.
Features of PayPal
Pay with flexibility
You can register your credit card or debit card with your PayPal account. At checkout, you can pay by simply choosing PayPal and logging into your PayPal account, and confirming your payment.
It’s quick and easy
You can simply choose PayPal when you select a payment option on this site, and then you can quickly open a PayPal account and add your payment method to complete your purchase. You can use your PayPal account to shop with millions of merchants and sellers around the globe. It is widely used.
Create a PayPal account | Sign in to PayPal
In order to create a PayPal account go to the PayPal: Mobile Cash app, you have downloaded in your smartphone or the official website of PayPal. You will see the screen as shown in the picture below:
Step 1: You should provide your legal name, email address, create a password, then fill out your personal information as indicated in the form above. If you have already signed in to PayPal, you can log in by clicking on the login button at the upper rightmost side of the screen as shown in the picture above.
Step 2: After you click on the “Next” button, the following page will appear. Fill out the details and tick mark on ” You have read and agreed”. Now, click on the “Agree and Create Account” button.
Note: If you are from Nepal and want to create a PayPal account, there is a procedure or method which you should follow. You can comment below if you want a 100% working solution to create a PayPal account from Nepal.
Step 3: Now, you will get an email in the email address you have provided during the registration process. Confirm your email by clicking on “Confirm My Email”. After you have confirmed your email, you will get the following page on your screen.
Enter the password for the PayPal account that you have just created and hit on “Confirm My Email”.
Step 4: As your email is all set up now. The next step is to verify your phone number. You will get the following page on your screen. You can even skip the step if you do not want to use your phone number. I would recommend you to do the verification of your phone number as you can easily recover your password for a PayPal account if you ever forget it.
Step 5: Now, a welcoming page as shown below would appear on your screen. You can get a PayPal app. You can pay or send money as shown.
Step 6: Add a debit or credit card
Add a debit or credit card to your PayPal account by following the steps mentioned below:
- Click “Wallet” at the top of the page as shown in the picture above, or if you’re on a mobile device tap “Menu,” then “Wallet.”
- Then you can choose the “Link a debit or credit card” option to add payment methods to your PayPal Account.
- After you add your credit card or debit card info, click “Link” to connect to your PayPal account to make online payments and receive money instantly.
Step 7: Add a Bank Account
You can directly add a bank account to your PayPal account if you wish so. Follow the following steps to add a bank account to your account.
- Click “Wallet” at the top of the page as shown in the picture above, or if you’re on a mobile device tap “Menu”, then “Wallet.”
- Then you can choose the “Link a bank account”option to connect PayPal to your bank account.
- Then, click on “Agree and Link.” You must make sure that you verify your bank routing and account numbers before clicking “Continue”, as it is a piece of sensitive information and you may have made a mistake while entering your bank details.
Now, as you have your credit/debit card and your bank account added to your bank account, you can make online payments and receive money in a faster, easier and secure way.
How to Recover Your Password?
If you ever forget the password of your PayPal account, you can recover your password using the following steps:
- If you forgot your password, you can reset your password from the top of any paypal.com page after selecting “Login.”
- Then enter your email address associated with your PayPal account. Make sure that you use the same email.
- You can reset your password via text, email or phone. Then enter the 6-digit code provided to you via text, email or phone.
How To Send Money With Your Account?
Now, let’s learn the process to send money to others from your account. Follow the process mentioned below:
- You should first securely link your bank account, or add your credit or debit card information to send money online. You can do this by following the steps that I have discussed above.
- You can send money online to friends or family by entering their email or mobile number from your computer or phone.
- The recipient is notified when the money has been transferred. It goes right into their PayPal account, and if they don’t have one, they can easily open one for free.
Shop with Your PayPal Account
Shopping with PayPal is most beneficial for you in many ways. Using PayPal account you can shop from millions of brands around the globe from small boutiques to big brands, PayPal makes it easy for you to pay for your favorite things. If your purchase doesn’t arrive at all or is significantly different than what was advertised you may qualify for Purchase Protection. PayPal will reimburse you for the full purchase price plus any original shipping costs. If you are not happy with your purchase you can activate return shipping’s on PayPal to get refunded for up to $30 on 12 eligible purchases a year. These are subjected to certain terms and limitations.
So, this way you can set up your PayPal account, add a credit card/debit card to it and add your bank account to it. After setting up your account, you can send and receive payment from your friends, relatives, and customers in a much easier, faster and secure way. PayPal makes the online transaction of money an easier and secured option for you to shop, send and receive money.
I hope you find this article helpful in creating your very own Paypal account. Do visit our website i.e. www.webtechtutorial.com for more info on tech-related topics.