How do I use #hashtags to get a photo to be seen by more people?
Basically, hashtags are user invented and community adopted keyword search excelling in simplicity, speed, and accessibility. You need to use them and do so correctly so that you can be noticed by most of the people and this will also help you to increase your followers on Instagram.
You can add hashtags in the caption or comments of your post. If you add hashtags to a post that is set to public, the post will be visible on the corresponding hashtag page.
Tagging a Photo or Video with a Hashtag:
Well tagging these days has been one of the new trend among the content sharers. People tag on photos and videos to specify the details of the content of the user. Inorder to create a hashtag on your Instagram content you can follow these steps:
- Take or upload a photo or video that you want to add hashtag on Instagram.
- Choose to add a filter, then type # followed by text or emoji in the Caption field (example: #mountains).
- If you want to add a hashtag to a post you’ve already uploaded, edit the caption or include your hashtag in the comment on your photo.
After you tag your post with a hashtag, you’ll be able to tap the hashtag to see a page that shows all photos and videos people have uploaded with the similar hashtag. Remember, the hashtag is a search engine. If you want to attract more authentic followers to your Instagram account you must select your hashtags that are in trending and which the most Instagram users are seeking for. The hashtag is the most popular means of categorizing content on social media that is why one should be more selective and conscious while commenting hashtags on the post. The hashtag that you use should be relevant to the uploaded post.
How to find Hashtags on Instagram of your Niche?
If you are confused and you don’t know what hashtags to use for your post then here is an easy solution that might help you to get relevant hashtags.
Since you know what you should avoid and what you are looking for, the easiest and fastest way to search for is Instagram itself.
1. Tap on the little magnifying glass at the top of the Instagram screen.
2. Type the word that you want to search for and hit the search button.
3. Then at the top of your screen, select “Tags”. This will show your hashtags along with a list of similar hashtags.
4. You can find your appropriate hashtags by scrolling down.
Instagram Hashtags Do and Don’ts
• Spaces and special characters like $ or % won’t work so don’t insert them in your hashtags.
• Numbers, text along with emojis can be mentioned.
• You can use up to 30 tags on a single post but if you include more than 30 tags then your comment won’t be posted.
• Do be specific while using hashtags and use long tail hashtags instead of short one.
• Don’t use simple and boring hashtags which drop interest of the people following you and they might unfollow you, as a result, your number of followers will decrease.