One of the most common problem for all smartphone users is that sometimes our phone becomes unresponsive to our touch which is also called freezing of the phone and becomes really annoying for us and we want to fix our phone anyhow at the moment as everything on our phone depends fully on the touch sensitivity.There are different ways for fixing the unresponsive touch screen for iPhone and Android phone. I will describe the different steps you can take to make the touch responsive on your mobile device.
Sometimes storage capacity of your phone is full due to which your device has a harder time functioning and becomes more likely to suffer slowdowns or freezes. If your phone has little or no free space, removing some multimedia content might improve its performance and stability.
Troubleshooting an Unresponsive iPhone Touch Screen (IOS Device)
- First of all simply lock the screen if its frozen i.e. touch has become unresponsive and then unlock it after a few seconds and check whether the touch is working or not. If the touch is still not working then press and hold the unlock button until the slide to power off slider appears on the top of the screen, then slide it right to power off. Wait for a few minutes before pressing the Power button again to turn back on your iPhone.
- Sometimes iPhone does not respond to any touch or home button and neither do they they start in the usual manner. In such cases, we can plug the charger and check for charging. Its recommended to do a regular check of battery percentage and try not to use your iPhone below 20%.
- If your device is not responding to touch screens or power button and does not restart manually then we have to force restart it. To do so, hold down the Home button and the Power button at the same time until you see the Apple logo appear on-screen.
- If your iPhone started freezing after updating to the newest version of the operating system, there may be an update available that addresses the freezing. To check for updates open the settings, and tap software update in the general section and then install if any update is available. and follow the instructions on screen
- If your i phone started freezing after you recently installed an app, then uninstall the app because the app may be causing your phone to freeze.
- You can restore your i phone if any of the above methods is not working to unfreeze your device. To restore your i phone, connect it to a computer and open the i tunes and click the restore i phone and follow the on screen instructions. If you don’t have a backup, you’ll instead have to restore the phone to factory settings.
Troubleshooting an Unresponsive Android Touch Screen
- Plug your phone into the charger and let it sit for a few minutes before you continue because there is a possibility that your phone is discharged.If your phone gives no indication of charging after a few minutes, try a different charger and/or wall outlet. Its best to use your phone’s original charger.
- Try turning your phone off the regular way by pressing and holding the Power button on your phone until the Power menu appears, then tap Power off to turn the phone off. Wait for a few minutes before pressing the Power button again to turn back on the phone.
- If manual restart does not work, force your phone to restart. If your phone isn’t responding to your Power button or screen taps, you may be able to force the device to restart. Most Android devices can be forced to restart by holding the Power and Volume Up buttons for about ten seconds. If Power + Volume Up doesn’t work, try Power + Volume Down.
- Since android phones have removable batteries, remove the battery if you can’t force a restart. Slide the back cover off of your Android, lift out the battery, and then reinsert it and the cover after about ten seconds.
- Delete the apps that are causing your Android to freeze. If your phone is freezing whenever you run a certain app or if you recently installed an app that’s probably a contributor to your phone freezing.
- If any of the above method is not working, perform a factory reset. Just Keep in mind that factory resetting your phone will erase all data on the phone, so make sure that you have backup before doing so. To perform Factory Reset, Turn off your phone, Hold down the Recovery mode buttons until the recovery screen appears. These buttons vary depending on your phone. Most Androids – Power and Volume Down and for Samsung – Power, Volume Up, and Home. Use the Volume Down key to highlight Recovery, then press the Power button to select it. Select Wipe data / factory reset and press Power. Select Yes to confirm. Once the format is complete, your phone will be rebooted and you can set it up as if it was new.