Preloaded Apps? Maybe a snoopy friend or sibling? Let them be anyone, if you want to hide your Apps from your home screen then you have come to the right place, we will show you how you can hide any Apps on your Android.
Handing your phone to your family member or a friend might not be anything rare for many of us, but some of us might want to hide certain apps before letting others get a hold of their phone. Don’t get that little panicking feeling you get when you let others use your phone and suddenly realize that you have sensitive contents hiding inside your regular usage apps. No one else deserves to know that you still play with something that is not entertained by others your age. You need a way to hiding those apps from the prying eyes of others and just keep it for your own eyes only.
Some of the device manufactures have added ‘Vault’ features to provide a secure space on handsets, some of the common examples for this option will be Samsung’s Secure folder. While Stock Android have not been so good at the need for selectively showing files and folders by default, without any third party app. Unless you want to really hide and secure your apps from any prying eyes, you can always use a third party app to help you achieve your goal. Thankfully there are a lot of options to choose from for hiding your app.
Also you can hide those annoying pre-installed apps that arrive with your phone but do not allow uninstallation without using a third-party app.
In this article we will learn how to hide your sensitive apps, it will not matter what version of Android you are using. It can be running on Android Oreo, Android Nougat, Android Marshmallow, or any of the older versions till Android Kitkat.
Using an App Hiding App
What if you use a third party app and hide your selected apps? Good Right? See how to use an app to hide an app.
- Open your Google Playstore
- Type in the name of the third party launcher App that you want to download for hiding your Apps. Some of the common choices include “Nova Launcher Prime” and Apex Launcher”. Here for instance we will show you to download and use Apex Launcher for app hiding.
- When you get a lot of app suggestions for the typed name, you will only want to choose the App with most reviews and is highly rated.
- Tap your chosen App. Hit ‘Install’ or ‘Buy’ what ever option is given for the app that you have selected. You may have to verify this step if your App is not free. The install option will be on the top part of the opened screen.
- If asked to then tap ‘Accept’. After this, your App will be downloading.
- After the download completes, tap ‘Open’ this option will be available on Google Play Store.
You can also open app from the App drawer if you want to.
- Since any Launcher App will differ from each other, you can use the given on screen instructions from your Launcher.
For Apex Launcher
1.Open ‘Apex Settings’.
2.Then open ‘Drawer Settings’
3.Now click ‘Hidden App’ and select the Apps that you want to hide.
For Nova Launcher
1.Tap ‘App & Widget Drawer’.
2.Click on ‘Hide Apps’, now select the Apps you want to hide.
- Close the Launcher, your selected Apps will now be hidden.
Disable Pre-Installed Apps
This option is for those annoying pre-installed applications on your device which you cannot un-install or the ones that you want to disable for a temporary time. If you are using a phone that is running on the latest Android Operating System, you will be able to hide Apps by disabling them. After this, the apps will be removed from the screen and they will not be displayed until and unless you enable them.
- Open your mobile ‘Settings’ App.
- Tap ‘Applications’ and select ‘Application Manager’ then after.
- Click ‘All Apps’ tab. This will show all the installed application from your device memory and you can choose which one to select to hide.
- Tap on the App you want to hide.
- Tap on ‘Disable’ option, this will hide the selected app from your home screen. You can find the hidden apps in the ‘Disabled’ section of the ‘Apps’ Menu. If the app selected is not a pre-installed app this option may be stated as ‘Uninstall’.
Using Safe Box
If you are looking for another easy way of hiding your Apps then Safe Box is just what you need. Just use a pin to open and lock the desired sensitive apps. With the help of this App you can;
- Lock Personal Apps
Keep a lock on any of your personal App like Facebook, Tinder, WhatsApp, Line, Skype, Gmail and many more. Only you will have the power to access the files.
- Lock Private Photos and Videos
Hide and make it more safe for your private picture moments and videos with Safe Box.
- Confidential Documents
Keep safe all your confidential documents like bank notifications, Business proposals, or any personal events.
Let us know in the comment section below what kinds of apps hiding has this post helped you with.