Many users don’t know that Hotmail is the first free web-based email service. Hotmail is created by Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith in 1996. Later in 1997, Microsoft bought this service for an estimated $400 million. Besides its primary feature, Microsoft changed its user interface dramatically. It was a powerful email service that was first to provide privacy features like antivirus scanning and spam filters. They also had calendar service, a reading pane, spelling checking, rules, search, web messenger, and many more. They also made their product more accessible by making its service available in 36 different languages.
In 2011, Hotmail had 360 million active users per month. In 2011 Hotmail.com has been upgraded and rebranded to Outlook.com. Although hotmail.com is not available, all older emails can be used. Hotmail and Outlook both are email services of Microsoft.
After you create Microsoft account then you can access all services of Microsoft like OneDrive, Outlook.com, skype, office, Xbox and even Windows 8 or Windows 10. Microsoft Outlook/Hotmail provides ultimate email storage for free.
Sign up on Hotmail.com; Registering On Outlook
So let’s get started with the sign-up process of Hotmail.com.
1.First, go to any of the browsers like Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc. Type Hotmail.com in the address bar. This will redirect you to the outlook home page. There you see an option like Sign in, Create Free account and so on.
2. Click on the Create Free Account link shown on the bottom of your screen.
3. Once you click on “create free account” a new screen appears that asks for your user email address followed by the domain name(@outlook.com as default). Here you are given an option to choose from two different domain names i.e. @outlook.com and @hotmail.com.
4. Enter your email address and select anyone from outlook.com and hotmail.com to be followed by your email. And then click on the Next button.
Note: your email must be unique i.e. email should not match with other existing users.
5. Now you will be asked to create the password for your account. Enter the password that’s easy for you to remember and is strong enough for your account security.
NOTE: The password must contain at least 8 characters. Characters must contain alphanumeric and special symbols.
6. Once you are done with your password, you will be asked to fill out further information. Such as your First Name, Last Name, Country, Date of Birth. etc. When you fill out all the asked information you are now ready to access your new account.
7. After this, you’ll be directly taken to your new Outlook.com mailbox and be asked to set your Language, Time zone, pick a theme, and import contacts.
7. Now you are all done, your new outlook account is ready.
Note: To send and receive emails you must verify your phone number.
Sign In To Hotmail.com; Logging Into Outlook account
Well signing in to Hotmail and Outlook is not that difficult. In case you got confused or stuck somewhere in the process, don’t worry. I am here to guide you through this. Just follow these simple steps and you will be able to log in to your account.
You can also watch our video tutorial on how to login to Hotmail.com on our Youtube channel Web Tech Tutorial.
1.First, go to your favorite browser and type hotmail.com or outlook.com in the address bar. This will open the home page of outlook.
Or, for your ease, you can directly click on to this link https://outlook.live.com/owa/. This will redirect you to the homepage of outlook.com.
2. Click on the Sign-in button on the top right corner of your screen. This will take you to the next screen that asks for your email or phone number.
3. Enter your email. Make sure that the email you have entered is correct and then click on the Next button. Then the next screen will ask for your password for this account.
4. Enter the correct password and then click on Sign in Button. If you do not want to sign in again after you close your browser then check to ‘keep me signed in’ box. Now you are logged in to your outlook account. After this, you will see your dashboard displayed on your screen.
This is how you log in or sign in to your Outlook or Hotmail account.
Log Out of Hotmailcom; Sign Out of Outlook.com
Logging out or Signing out of Outlook is much easy. All you have to do is to search sign out options from your dashboard and click on that link. So how do you do this? For this, I have made a few steps that might come in handy if you get confused while signing out of your account.
- First, to log out you must log in to your account. I guess you have already gone through “How to Sign in to Hotmail or Outlook account?”
- From your dashboard go to the account manager setting on the top right corner of your screen.
3. When you click on the Account manager setting a few new options will get displayed on the screen right below.
4. Click on the Sign out option. Then you will be redirected to the MSN homepage.
This is how you sign out from your Hotmail or Outlook account.
I hope now you are all clear on how to create a new Hotmail or Outlook account, how to sign in and how to sign out of your Outlook account.
You can also check out our other articles on-site Web Tech Tutorial.
Also, check out: How to Find Wi-Fi Password on Windows 10?