If you have forgotten the password of Microsoft Outlook account. As the Microsoft Outlook is the official email supplier with address “@hotmail.com'”. So you’ll use Outlook to reset any Hotmail, Live, as well as Outlook passwords. And if you need help with creating a brand new outlook.com account you can easily create one by going through our dedicated Hotmail sign up -2020 section.
Below are the steps to recover your forgotten password on Desktop form Outlook.com:
- Open your favored browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and so on. In the search bar type www.outlook.com and search.
2. After you land on the official page of Outlook. First, click on the “Sign in” button which is located at the top right side of the screen.
3. After clicking on the “Sign In” button you need to write your Email, phone number of your Hotmail account. Click on the ‘Next‘ button to continue.
4. A pop-up box will appear asking you to enter your login password. Click on the ‘Forgot password?’ link. Then click on the ‘Sign in‘ button to continue.
5. A new window will open which is shown in the picture.
- In the first text-box write down your Hotmail account username.
- In the second text-box note down your alternative email.
- You also need to verify the text given in above the third text-field.
Click on the ‘Next‘ button to continue.
6. Another dialogue box will appear that says Outlook sent you the confirmation code in the email account which you specified.
7. Now open the email account which you specified and open the link that the Microsoft account has sent you. There you will see a code which they have sent you.
8. As you can see in the above picture. The security code sent by Microsoft Account in the Gmail account will appear.
9. Type the code that you receive from your Gmail account in the dialogue box bar. After typing the code, click on the ‘Verify‘ button.
10. A new page will appear on your screen just like the one shown in the above picture. Here all you have to do is fill up the information which is asked.
- In the beginning, type your first name.
- In the second text box type your last name.
- Fill up your birth date from the dropdown menu.
- Finally, choose which region you are from.
After filling all the information required by Microsoft, click on the ‘Next‘ button.
11. A new window will open where you have to type the password that you have used for this account.
- If you’ve used more than one password then you need to enter them on the text-box given.
- You will also need to select the options as you see fit for the questions asked above.
After carefully choosing all of your answers then click on the ‘Next‘ button.
12. Another page will appear on your screen.
- Now, type the Email addresses of your contacts that you have recently sent emails.
- Then, fill up the exact same subject lines that you have typed while sending your email.
After filling up these details, click on the ‘Next‘ button.
13. After providing all the information, your information will be submitted. Outlook will send you an email to your account whether the information you provided is valid or not. But you’ll have to wait for 24 hours or so for the email account.
14. You will receive an email within 24 hours from the Microsoft account team. It says “Your account is been verified and now you just need to reset your password” and you will be provided a link to reset your password.
Click on the link which is provided in your Gmail account.
15. A new window will appear on your screen as shown in the above picture.
Here you have to type the Email that you are trying to recover. Make sure you remember that Email. Then click on the ‘Next‘ button to continue.
16. Another screen will appear as shown in the above picture.
Here you have to type a new password for your Microsoft account. After typing your new password, re-enter the same password in the next bar and click on the ‘Next” to continue.
Note: Make sure the password is 8-character long. And please type in a decent password which you won’t forget when you login next time.
17. Finally, your password is changed. Click on the ‘Sign in‘ button to log in to your Microsoft account with your new password.
Changing Hotmail Password Via Phone
So as now, you all already know how to reset your Hotmail password from the web, you might also want to know how you can actually reset your Hotmail account password via the Hotmail app. The process is quite simple and similar to that of resetting the Hotmail password via the web.
Here is the stepwise process to reset your forgotten password in your mobile phones:
1.Open Outlook app. Tap the Outlook application symbol, which takes after a blue box with a white “O” on it.
2. Click on the button ‘GET STARTED‘ which is highlighted in the blue color box as shown in the above picture.
Avoid this step if you’ve already opened Outlook before. You should possibly need to reset your Outlook password if you have never marked into Outlook in your cell phone or tablet, or if your password is changed.
3. Enter your email address in the text field located on the page.
4. Click on the ‘question mark‘ option which is located on the top-left corner of the screen.
5. When you click on the question mark option, you will get different options loaded on your mobile device. Now, click on the second bar option which says ‘Login or passwords‘.
6. A new login or password page will open. You will see many options. Click on the first bar option ‘I forgot my password‘ to continue.
7. Now a new screen will appear as shown in the above picture.
Here you will have to choose which account’s password you have forgotten. As you have forgotten the password of Hotmail click on ‘Outlook.com‘.
8. Now click on the bar option called ‘Reset Password‘.
9. You will be directed to a new screen as shown in the above picture.
Type on the Email or phone number of your Hotmail account that you use. After typing your correct email address, click on the ‘Next‘ button to continue.
10. Then the Microsoft will ask you to verify your email address to check if you provided the right email address or not. They will send you a code to your email address or phone number you have just provided.
Click on the blue bar which says ‘Get code‘.
11. After clicking on ‘Get Code‘ Microsoft will send you a code to your Email address or your phone number.
- Open your email address and check the code if you had entered your email address.
- Or check the message on your phone in case if you had entered your phone number.
12. As you can see in the above picture. Microsoft has sent an email of code to reset the password of your Hotmail account.
13. Microsoft will send you a code that is in numbers. You can see the code that Microsoft has sent in the above picture for example.
14. As you have received the code to reset your password. Type that code in the bar as shown in the above picture. And click on the ‘Next‘ button to continue.
15. Now a new screen will appear on your mobile device as shown in the above picture.
- Here you have to type a new password to reset your password for your Hotmail account.
After typing your new password click on the ‘Next’ button to continue.
Note: Make sure the password is 8 characters minimum. And re-type the same password in the next bar to confirm.
16. Congratulation!! Your password has been changed. Now click on the ‘Sign in’ button to log in to your Microsoft account.
Now you can enjoy your Hotmail through Outlook which is a new avatar of Hotmail provided by Microsoft. You can sign in to your Hotmail account again at any time. Do remember to use the new password from now on while logging in.