If you have friends on Instagram who are giving you a hard time and they are better off your life, sometimes the best thing to do would be to block them. Blocking them would keep them away from your life to be accurate your profile. They will not be able to see your profile, posts, and stories. They will not be able to search for you.
Whether you have an Android phone or iOS phone the process of blocking is the same. To block people on Instagram follow the following steps. You can block someone in less than a minute with a few numbers of taps.
How to block someone on Instagram
- Open your phone.
- Find Instagram and tap on it to open it.
- Once the Instagram opens, go the search bar and search for the person you want to block as shown in the snapshot below:
- Go to the profile of the person that pops up on the screen whom you wish to block. On the profile of that person there is a menu icon ( three horizontal dots) on the top rightmost side of the screen as shown in the snapshot below:
- Click on the Menu icon. As soon as you click on it, you will see various options. Select the option which says “Block.” It is usually the first option as shown below. You will be asked once more if you are sure to block that person. You would immediately click “Block,” I can say that as you really want that person out of your social life. Now, you have successfully blocked that person on your Instagram. Congratulations!!
You have blocked many people on your Instagram, but now there is a change of mind. You no longer want that person blocked on your Instagram. Don’t worry, like other social media sites you can always unblock the blocked ones on your Instagram.
Therefore, in case you happen to change your mind somewhere down the line, you always have the option of unblocking people. Unblocking someone is very easy if you know where to look. The option of unblocking is actually buried in the settings, which is why a lot of users find it troublesome to do it.
Now, we’ll show you step by step instructions on how to unblock someone on Instagram for Android devices as well as iOS devices. You’ll get every information you need whether you have android devices or Apple devices.
How to Unblock Someone on Instagram
Unblocking someone can be done in less than a minute with just a few taps in less than the time you blocked them. First of all, you need to find the Instagram app on your device, be it Android or Apple and launch the app. You’ll see it in the app drawer or on your home screen — or both. After that, you should tap on the profile icon which is located on the lower right side of the screen and then you need to look for the “Options” menu. You can find that option by pressing the icon with three vertical dots that you’ll see in the upper right corner as explained above.
After you click on the icon, see at the bottom of the screen, there is an option named “Settings.” For the next step, scroll down to the “Privacy and Security” section and tap on the “Blocked Account” option. Doing so will show you a list full of every user that you have blocked on Instagram. The final step to do next is you need to select the user you want to unblock, tap on the “Unblock” button, and then confirm your decision by selecting “Yes, I’m sure.” This is for android device. On Apple device there is no option named “Blocked accounts”, there is only “Muted Account.” So if you want to unblock someone from your iOS device, you need to search them, open their profile and unblock them. Blocking someone and then unblocking them would require you to follow them once more as blocking them would remove them from your following list.
As you can analyze, unblocking someone on Instagram isn’t that hard, right? Once it’s done, the individual you have unblocked will once again be able to find and see your profile, posts, and stories.
To make your life far easier we have prepared step by step instructions along with screenshots, which you can check out below for both Android and Apple device:
For Android device:
- Open your mobile, find Instagram and tap on it to open it.
- Once Instagram is opened, on the lower right corner of your screen there is your profile. Open your profile by tapping on it.
- On the upper right corner, there is a menu( three vertical lines). Tap on that.
- On the bottom of the menu, there is an option name “Settings.” Click on it.
- Scroll down until you find the section ” Privacy and Security,” and on this section, there is an option ” Blocked accounts.” Click on it to find out the list of accounts you have blocked.
- Choose the account you want to unblock. Click on the unblock option as you are directed to their account.
- Next up, you will be asked if you are sure to unblock that person. Click on “Yes, I’m sure,” and the account will be unblocked from your Instagram account.
For iOS devices:
For Apple devices, there is no option named ” Blocked accounts” under Settings. So, to unblock someone, you must remember their username and search for their account. Click on search ( on the bottom of the screen)>> Type the username of the person you want to unblock >> Go to their account >> Click on “Unblock” when directed to their account. So, now you have successfully unblocked their account on your Instagram. They can search for you, see your posts and stories.
Note that you will need to follow the person you have unblocked as blocking them have removed them from your “Following” list.
Therefore, in this way you can block anyone who is disturbing you on Instagram and in case you change your mind you can also unblock them within a minute using a few simple steps we have discussed above. It is effortless to block and unblock someone on Instagram- Try this out!