There are very few people who haven’t heard about the most popular desktop and mobile app, Skype. With over 65 million users on Skype, its been one of the most used application between the internet users. Internet has been one of the most innovative place for business house and ever regular world. There are people who depends on internet for almost everything. This is good and bad too, depends on how you use internet.
SKYPE Download for PC
If you are new to Skype, you will need to have Skype installed before you can use it. Here in this article you will learn how to install or download Skype on your Desktop or Phone.
- Go to the Skype.com home page.
- Click on the DOWNLOAD SKYPE on the page.
- A page will pop-up in which either you can sign in (if you’ve already registered) or you can input your information to create a new Skype account.
You can also skip the registration if you sign in using your Microsoft accounts (Messenger, Hotmail or outlook.com) or a Facebook account.
- To begin, fill in your First name, Last name and your Email address (and repeat it). These information are required in order to login to Skype and also don’t worry no one will be able to see you Email address and you have full control on your privacy.
- Profile information: All these information will be visible to anyone using Skype, except for your mobile number, which will be restricted to your own contacts only. However you don’t have to fill up all the boxes with personal information, but only the ones with a star next to them.
- You can tell Skype how you intend to use it’s service by choosing one of the options in the drop down menu.
- ‘Skype Name’ – Enter the name that you want your Skype friends to see and which you’ll use to login to Skype. Whether you use your real name or not its up to you. None of the 650 million users of Skype can have the same Skype name, so if your own name is a common one, you might want to change it a little – for instance, by adding your year of birth. The system will automatically check to see if your name has been claimed by anyone else and, if it has, will suggest alternatives. Don’t worry if your name isn’t available – you can easily modify it until you come up with a unique username.
- Password: Now enter and repeat the password you’d like to use on Skype. The password must consist of at least characters in minimum and 20 characters in maximum. They can contain both letters and numbers.
- If you don’t want any promotional texts and advertisements from Skype, untick both the boxes on the bottom.
- The Captcha Box: This is designed to make sure that you are a real human and not a robot. This process is compulsory since there are many bot accounts created for scam and spams.
Now look at the texts in the First box and then write them into the box right below the first one. If you cannot identify the texts in it, click the refresh button and you’ll be given a new one to identify and write it down.
- Finally click on ‘I agree – Continue‘.
- Now you will be taken to a page named ‘Your Account is Ready’.
Now click on ‘Download Skype for Windows‘. If you have a different version of windows or if you have Linux, click on ‘Download a Different Version‘.
- Now another box will appear asking you if you want to Run or save to your computer. Click ‘Run‘. Then another window will open up saying you that there isn’t much far to go. Now Tick ‘Run Skype‘ when the computer starts to enable Skype whenever you turn on your computer. It will also ask you which language you want to continue using Skype. Click ‘I agree’ – next
- When the next window opens up, it will ask you if you want to have skype. Now click on Call which will allow you to call on instant numbers shown on the website. Then tick ‘Install Skype Click to call‘. And then click ‘Continue‘.
You might get another window aswell, asking you if you want to make MSN your home page. Tick or Untick as you wish. And click ‘continue’.
- Now a new window will open up, which contains a progress bar that will fill up when Skype will download and install.
Once it is completed, Skype will automatically start-up.
- Finally, Skype will open up and you will be able to find contacts and start making calls.
- Enjoy Skype!!!
Download SKYPE For Mobile
Installing Skype and using it on your phone can be a little complicated but luckily we are here to help you. We will be guiding you throughout the process Step-by-step.
What you will learn here:
- How to download Skype through your Google Play?
- How to use Skype on your Android Device?
- How to make Skype-to-Skype Calls and Video Calls?
- How to make Skype-to-Landline/mobile Calls?
- How to top-up or recharge your Skype credits to make Skype-to-phone calls at very low rates?
What You will need to download, install and use Skype on your Android Device:
- You will need a compatible Android SmartPhone.
- You will need an internet connection
Either connect to a Wifi network near you or make sure that you are connected to your mobile phone’s 3G or 4G network.
- Downloading Skype from Google play store:
First of all you need to open-up Google play store on your Android device. Then search for Skype in the search section. Then Google play store will view a page where you can Download Skype. Then click on ‘Install’ .
- Opening Skype on your Android device:
Once the downloading process is completed, you can start using Skype on your Android device. You can either click ‘Open’ from the play store or you can go back to your home screen and find a shortcut to access it.
- Signing into the Skype application:
To sign in and make calls and video acalls to your family and friends you will need a Skype account.
So if you don’t have a Skype account, click on ‘Create account’. To create a Skype account you will need a valid Email address to register your new account.
If you already have a Skype account and want to start making calls and video calls to your family and friends, all you have to do is click on ‘Sign in here‘ and enter your Username and Password.
- Start using the Skype application:
When you successfully sign into your Skype account, a pop-up notification will appear that asks you if you want to allow the Skype application to make and manage phone calls. All you need to do for this step is Click ‘Allow‘. This will allow you to use Skype to make Skype-to-phone Calls and Video Calls.
Now you will see the home screen of the Skype application.
And for the next step we will be finding friends and make a Skype-to-Skype Call.
- Making Skype-to-Skype call to a friend or a family member:
Now that you have access to the Skype application, we will be trying to make a call to someone you know . Click on the ‘address book’ or ‘contact book’: This is the second icon on the home screen of Skype application. You will then see three options: ‘invite friends’, ‘find people’ and ‘find bots’.
Bots are artificially intelligent programs that can do many useful things like search for news, summarize web pages, play games, and more. You can start chatting with a bot just like you chat with friends – simply click on the bot and start typing.
To find friends click on ‘Find people‘.
If you’re searching for someone you know on Skype, you can search for their Skype name in the Skype directory. There might be many accounts with similar names. So you will need to scroll down the shown list and find out the right Skype account. When you find out the right Skype account, Click on ‘Add to Contacts‘
You can add as many friends and family members as you like through Skype. To make a Skype-to-Skype call with your friend or family member all you need to do is click on their username and the click on the call button.
You’ll also have the option to add a contact to your favorites, which is a handy shortcut for getting in touch with friends or relatives you talk with most.
To switch to Video call while you’re on a voice call, all you need to do is just click on the camera icon on the bottom left. You can also turn it off at any point while on call by re-clicking on the same camera icon.
- Buying Skype credit to make Skype-to-landline calls:
Now that you know how to make Skype-to-Skype calls it’s time to try Skype-to-Phone calls. You might want to do this if you have relatives or family members living abroad or if you want to save money on your mobile phone calls.
To make Skype-to-landline calls on Skype using your android phone you will need Skype credit.
To add Skype credit to your account, click on the Skype credit link.
If you have no Skype credit and you are trying to make a Skype-to-landline call, Skype will send you a pop-up to top-up your account. You can either get a monthly Skype subscription or you can top-up using one-off payments.
If you make frequent international calls, we recommend that you set up a monthly Skype subscription. You will need a debit card for this part of the guide.
Then Choose the amount of Skype credit you would like to add and click on ‘Continue’.
If you are familiar with filling in forms this part will be easy. If you aren’t all you need to do is click on the white boxes and start filling in your billing details registered to your debit card.
Purchase your credit and you are done! We are now ready for the next step.
- Call home with Skype:
Now that you have bought some Skype credit you can start calling landline numbers or mobile phones.To start, click on the phone icon.
Then, dial the number you wish to call (don’t forget to enter your country code). Once you have done this, click on the call button, and hang up when you are done with your call.
If you want to add a landline number to your contact list that is also easy to do. This is useful if you have a family member you call frequently. Simply, click on ‘Add number’ then enter the landline number you wish to add to your list.
- Getting your own Skype number:
You can purchase your own Skype number for a small fee which is useful for anyone to call you on who isn’t already on Skype. They will be able to call to this number from their mobile or landline or even their Skype account
- Using Skype IM to message friends and family:
You can send messages to your Skype contacts to do this click on a contact’s name and type a message to them. Switch to your native keyboard, insert an emoticon or Emoji, send files, photos, take a new photo, record a video message, or share your location. Choose if you want to send messages via Skype or as an SMS text message.
- Protecting your privacy on Skype for Android:
There are a few advanced settings which can be found in the Android Skype app. To stop spam IM’s, go into your settings and click on ‘Allow IM’s from’. Then select contacts only. Below that you might want to set your settings to allow calls from only contacts too.
To keep your age and gender private from Microsoft’s targeted ads system, make sure you clear the checkbox against Allow Microsoft targeted ads.
By above methods you can easily download skype and get started chatting and making calls through the Skype app.