Zoom app is in trend at the current situation and timeline. It is a video conference app where you can share content, voice, and video, also chat as well. The app is up and running across mobile devices, desktops, telephones, and room systems. This easy and reliable cloud platform brings the teams together in a frictionless environment to get more done.
The major and one of the best features of Zoom is that it supports up to 1,000 video participants and 10,000 viewers. Zoom has replaced lots of conference rooms in today’s technical world. Zoom is suited for small to big businesses and organizations. Also to include webinars, online meetings, and perhaps personal video chat as well.
How to Download the Zoom App?
The task to download the Zoom app is not ant difficult task. Follow the below guides and download the Zoom app without any ailment. We have included a step-wise guide to download Zoom app for both mobile phone or PC (laptop, desktop).
1. Download Zoom on Phone
The app is suitable to download and use both for android phone and iOS mobile phones. You can download a video meeting app, Zoom on your smartphone. The steps to do so are given below.
Here is two simple steps to download Zoom on your phone for free.
- Open Google Play Store on your android phones. Or open the App Store on your iOS device. And search for the Zoom app by typing ‘Zoom’ at the search bar.
- Once you find the right app click on it. Then press the ‘Install’ button.
After the installation process completes, you can immediately open the app and you will be able to use it.
Note: Don’t get confused with similar-looking apps. You might find other apps that look similar to Zoom. But that may end up being a fake or just a guide app to Zoom. The original Zoom app is named ‘ZOOM Cloud Meetings’ in the play store/ app store.Reminder or Note to prevent from the sham app.
3. Download Zoom on PC (Laptop, Desktop)
Working on PC feels more comfortable regarding such video meeting apps. I get right, didn’t I? Fortunately, Zoom can be download to your computer without any issues. You can download Zoom on your PC and that will get you up and running once downloaded.
Here is four simple steps to download Zoom on your PC for free.
1. Open your preferred web browser (Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera or any) on your computer. And navigate to the website of Zoom i.e Zoom.us.
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the ‘Download’link. On the footer of the page, click on ‘Download’.
3. Now, on the new redirected page, click on the ‘Download’button. Remember to notice the category above the download button. Click on the download button under the ‘Zoom Client for Meetings’ section to download it for your PC.
4. Then the Zoom app will begin downloading. You should then click on the .exe file so that to begin the installation process.
Once the installation completes, you can get the services up and running. You can search for Zoom on your computer to start it.
How to Use Zoom?
To use Zoom, this statement means how can you make use of the Zoom app. Well, you must have learned that Zoom is a video meeting app. So, basically, there are two major uses of this awesome app. You can either host or join a meeting on Zoom. Additionally, you can send a text message in the chat room on Zoom, while attending any meeting.
Join a Meeting at Zoom
It is not mandatory to sign up or have a Zoom account in order to join a Zoom meeting. Yes, you read it right. Anyone can join a Zoom meeting via the Zoom mobile apps or desktop applications. This is a plus point to the users that makes it easy to use Zoom to join any meetings.
Here is how you can join a meeting on Zoom in a few easy steps.
1. Open the Zoom app (either on your mobile phone or computer). On the computer go to start button, search for Zoom and open the application named ‘Start Zoom’.
If you have received a Zoom meeting link you can simply open the link and you will be asked to open the app. Then simply, click on the option to open the app.Open Zoom app from the Zoom meeting link.
2. A dialogue box appears as you open the app. Click on ‘Join Meeting’ button.
3. Before joining the meeting you can choose either to join the meeting with your video and audio. Select the box to set the option on. You can also set your name for the meeting.
4. Then you will need to enter the Zoom meeting id and password. You must have received the meeting id and password along with the invitation to the meeting. Whereas, for some meetings, the host must have not set the password. In such a case, you need not enter the password.
5. Click on ‘Join’. Then you will immediately be connected to the meeting interface. Sometimes you may need to wait till the host allow you in.
Create/ Host a Meeting at Zoom
You need not sign in to Zoom to join a meeting but you must sign in to host a meeting. So if you want to start and host a meeting on Zoom, you need to sign in previously. If you don’t have a Zoom account yet, you can sign up to create a Zoom account.
We assume that you have a Zoom account already, now, follow the below instructions to host a meeting via Zoom.
Host the Meeting At Current Time (At Immediate Time)
1. Open the Zoom app and simply sign in to it. Then an interface will open up.
2. Select ‘New Meeting’ then the meeting will start immediately. You can see the new interface probably your webcam will be on. Perhaps, your video will appear on the screen. You can turn your video off as well.
3. On the new prompt, select ‘Join with Computer Audio’. So that your audio is enabled.
4. Then, you can send a meeting invitation to other people. You can invite from your contact or other expected participants. Simply click on ‘Invite’ at the bottom of the screen. From there, you can invite others via message, email, or link to participate.
This is how you can host a conference at the current time right away whenever you wish. You can end the meeting anytime. By default, the meeting period is of 45 minutes.
With the Zoom app, you can easily conduct (host) a meeting anytime and also join the meeting in no time. Since now you know how to download the Zoom app and have learned how to join and host meetings. Enjoy making the most out of it and never miss any meetings.