Privacy and security have become major issues for today’s world where internet is everything. As much as it has become easier for people to communicate and share information, the risk of being exploited is extremely high. There are people who try to steal your data and information. These people use people’s personal data to full their ill purposes. Thus have become a threat for us. They apply all the means necessary to try and access your personal information. And if you are careless enough to let your information unsecured, you’ll surely fall victim.
Especially social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook are being targeted by these hackers. Although, these social sites are considered secure and they even provide users with security measures. Not many people know how to actually use them. As a result, there have been many incidents where people’s accounts have been hacked. Their personal information is breached and misused. That includes blackmailing or sell your personal data to third parties.
In order to prevent any such mishaps, the best possible way is to apply a secure password. One that only you know and is difficult one. Your second option is to apply the security measures provided by social networking sites to stay safe.
Today we will be discussing how you can keep your twitter account secured by applying the two-factor authentication feature. But first, you need to create a Twitter account.
Now you might wonder what is two-factor authentication security and how does it work?
Here’s what the two-factor authentication means:
The two-factor authentication in Twitter is an extra layer of security for your account. In other words, it is the additional security provided to you by Twitter in order to keep your account safe from hackers. So, instead of only relying on your password to keep your account safe, you can now secure your Twitter account with the two-factor-authentication security feature.
When you activate the two-factor authentication feature in your Twitter account, you need to enter a code or security key along with your password. You can also use an app as an alternative to a physical security key. This step makes sure that only you can access your account and no one else can.
How To Enable Twitter’s Two-Factor Authentication Security on a PC?
Here below are the steps to enable Twitter two-factor authentication on a PC:
1) First of all, you need to open the official Twitter website: https://twitter.com
When you open up the Official website of Twitter, you’ll need to Login to your Twitter account by entering either your username, Email or Phone number and the password to your Twitter account.
2) Then you need to click on the ‘More‘ button which right above the large blue ‘Tweet‘ button on the button left of the screen.
3) When you click on the ‘More‘ button you’ll be taken to a small box will open up, where you need to click on the ‘Settings and privacy‘ button.
4) Now you’ll be taken to a new page, where you’ll need to click on the ‘Account‘ button. Doing so will view you more options on the right side of the screen.
5) Then all you need to do on this page is to click on the ‘Security‘ button. Clicking on the ‘Security‘ button will lead you to a new page which is shown in the image below.
6) On this page, all you need to do is click on the ‘Login verification‘ button, which will open up a new page as shown in the image below.
7) All you need to do on this page is to Tick the box which is right next to ‘Login verification’. When you tick on the box which is right next to ‘Login verification’ a new pop-up will appear.
. 8) Click on the large blue ‘Start‘ button. Doing this will lead you to a new page where you’ll have to enter the password to your Twitter account.
9) After you enter the Password t your Twitter Account, click on the large blue ‘Verify‘ button.
10) You’ll be taken to another page where you need to select your Country/Region and enter your phone number, then click on the large blue ‘Send code‘ button. Which will take you to a new page where you’ll need to enter the code you received as an SMS and click on the large blue ‘Submit‘ button.
11) Now you’ll be taken to a new page which says congratulations on enrolling in the two-factor authentication.
When you get to the page which is shown in the image above, you should know that Two-factor authentication is now activated on your Twitter account.
How to Set-up Two-factor Authentication on your Android Device?
1) First of all, you need the Twitter Application installed in your Android Device from the ‘Google Play store‘.
2) After you get the Twitter Application on your Android Device, open the Twitter Application either from the Google Play Store or from the shortcut on the home screen of your phone.
3) After you open up the Twitter Application on your Android Device, Login to your Twitter account by entering the required information. Doing this will lead you to the home page of the Twitter Application.
4)When the home page opens up you need to click on the three-line stripes icon located on the top left corner of the screen.
5) Now click on the ‘Settings and privacy‘ option.
6) Click on the ‘Account‘ option.
7) Click on the ‘Login and security‘ option.
8) Select the ‘Login verification‘ option at the top.
9) Now you need to check on the box next to the ‘Login verification‘ button.
10) Then you’ll be taken to a new page which explains how the two-factor authentication works. On this page click on the large blue ‘Start’ button,
11) Another page will appear which will ask you to verify (enter) the password to your Twitter account. Enter the password of your Twitter account and click on the large blue ‘Verify‘ button.
12) A new page will load which will ask you to verify your phone number. Here click on the ‘Send code’ button.
13) Twitter will send you a verification code that you need to enter on the new page that will open up when you click on the ‘Send code‘ button and click on the large blue ‘Submit‘ button.
14) When you click on the large blue ‘Submit‘ button you’ll be taken to a new page which says congratulations on enrolling in the two-factor authentication.
15) When you get to the page which is shown in the image above, you should know that Two-factor authentication is now activated on your Twitter account.