Android Phone has been growing, and with its growth, we are getting more features from our phone, and it is increasing the ability to get everything done from our phone/tablet itself. One of the great features is the ability to print from Android phones or tablet devices.
In this modern era of Technology, the printing services are baked into the operating system of several Android phones. People with those kinds of phones can access the printing service by adopting the following steps:
- Go to the settings of your phone.
- Search the word “Printing” in the search setting option.
As soon as you click on the “Printing ” option that pops up on the screen, you will see the print services such as Cloud Print, Samsung Print Service Plugin, etc., based on your phone. You can add print services as well by clicking on the plus symbol as shown in the screenshot below:
Now, you can use Cloud Print service to print your documents from your phone. We will discuss later Cloud Print in this article.
But there are still many Android phones in the hands of users and the market which do not have this printing feature built-in. This is the article targeted for those users.
Do you want an easy feature that can help you to print from your mobile itself? But you worry that you don’t have a Wi-Fi enabled printer? Drop your worry, not having Wi-Fi enabled printer doesn’t mean you can’t print from Android wirelessly. There is a way created by Google that links your printer with your Chrome account and your phone to move and print with ease. To be able to use this way your printer must be feasible with Google Cloud Print. Check if your printer is Google Cloud Print feasible printer. The setup Of Google Cloud Print can be a bit confusing, so we’ve compiled a helpful guide for you that will get you up and running within minutes; follow these clear and simple steps to be able to print from your phone on a printer which is not Wi-Fi enabled.
Connecting to Google Cloud Print
Though printers of today are usually capable of printing through Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or another quick method, not everyone has a printer that supports this kind of features; many people still have printers having old features. And the idea of running it all through the cloud is beneficial to many people like us. That’s where Google Cloud Print comes in. You first need to register your printer in Google Cloud print and then your printer will be connected to the Internet. Then as your printer is now connected to the Internet, you can operate it from anywhere as long as the Internet connection is good. You can then print from your Android phone or tablet devices. Follow these simple steps:
- First of all, open Google Chrome on your computer.
- Then, Log in to Google Chrome with your Google account if you have not logged in previously.
- You should now click on the Menu button which is represented by an icon showing three horizontal lines or three little dots at the upper rightmost corner of the window.
- From the drop-down options on Menu, select Settings.
- Scroll down until you see Advanced option and then click on Advanced.
- Scroll down to the Printing section and click on Google Cloud Print.
- As soon as you click on Google Cloud Print, you will see a variety of options. From those options click on Manage Cloud Print devices.
- Then click on the option “Add Printers.”
- Then a short list of all available printers appears on your screen. You just check the ones you want to add, click Add Printers. It should detect your printer, and your task is done here.
How to Set up A Google Cloud Print in Android Mobile
Some phones already have Google Cloud Print built-in into their software (primarily the ones that run stock or near-stock Android). If that’s the case, then you don’t need to worry about downloading the Google Cloud Print App. If you do not have this app on your phone, you can get it here. Download the app in your phone and follow its installation instructions.
After you have Google Cloud Print, it is more like an add-on to your phone software -an added feature to your phone software which means that you don’t have to run the app itself to print from Android. It’s easy to use once you get the hang of it. However, you need to make sure that the Google account linked with your phone is the same account that you used on Google Chrome in the previous step while connecting to Google Cloud Print services from your browser. Once the Google Cloud Print is installed on your phone, follow the steps mentioned as follows:
- First of all open a document you’d like to print which can be anything from your Google Drive, docs, pictures to documents saved on your phone.
- There appear the three dots in the top right corner which is called Menu, click it.
- From the options on the drop-down menu, click Print, and it will take you to a new page.
- Now, click the down arrow that sits just to the right of Save as PDF.
- There appears a list of printers that are connected to your phone, select the printer you want to print from. If you can’t find your printer in the list, click on All printers option and you will get a list of printers that have been connected.
- Once you’re all set to print the document, click the print button which is the light blue circle that looks like a printer.
Printing web pages and Gmail messages
Through Google Cloud Print, it is also possible to print web pages and Gmail messages from your phone. The process to be followed for this is mostly the same as above, so you’ll have no problem figuring it out. Follow these simple steps:
- First of all open Gmail or Google Chrome on your phone.
- After you find the page you want to print, select the Menu button (three dots as explained before).
- A list of options will drop down. Among those options, select Print.
- This action will take you straight to the printing page, where you can select the right printer for you. Like before, Click on All Printers in case you do not have your printer listed down in the list.
- When you’re all set, Click on the option Print. This will print the webpage or the Gmail message you want.
Does it work for you? Let us know in the comment section below. If you have any problem using Google Cloud Print ping us so that you can post a more useful article for you.