Instagram(commonly known as IG or Insta) is a social networking app which was launched in October 2010 and gained popularity in no time. Instagram users can upload photos and videos using various filters, tags
In August 2016, an Instagram added a new feature Instagram story, which provides us huge opportunities and options like filters, hashtags, geotags, to share photos and videos as a story to our followers either as a private person, celebrities, businessman or as an influencer.
Well, it’s easy to use Instagram from smartphones comparing to PC although the
Uploading a DSLR quality photos on Instagram can be challenging and takes a lot of work and can cost you a lot of time. First of all, you have to edit an image from your desktop and then upload to google photos or drives or to some other sharing services, and then again download an image on your mobile device and then upload it on Instagram. Well it’s a lot of work
Here are some effortless steps to post quality photos or videos on Instagram stories from PC:
1. First of all, open Instagram on PC using the google chrome browser and log in.
2. Click the right key with your mouse from anywhere in the window browser and drop-down menu will appear.
3. Select “inspect” that appears at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
This allows chrome to open code inspector tool. This will split your screen into two (left/right)showing Instagram account on left and code base inspector on the right side of the screen.
4. You can totally ignore most of the code on the right side of your screen. They are of no use and might be confusing.
5. Now, look at the top of the inspector and you can see an icon similar to a tablet or mobile.
6. Click on the tablet/mobile icon and that will change left side of your screen in a flash and show “Responsive “click on that and a drop-down menu will show different options about a mobile/phone and then pick the one closest to your desktop or whichever you like.
7. After selecting the brand or device from the “Responsive”, refresh the page and you will be redirected to the Instagram homepage. (similar to an Instagram homepage on mobile will appear)
8. Now you can see a “your story” at the top of the Instagram homepage.
9. Click on your story and that will open a dialogue box. Open the folder on the computer and select a photo.
10. Then you will see add to your story option at the bottom of an image. You can also add stickers, links, hashtags or text if u like.
11. After adding stickers, links or text according to your interest and then click on add to your story and your story will be uploaded.
These 11 easy steps are all that takes you to post your photos or videos on an Instagram story within no time with DSLR quality and also allows you to use filters, hashtags, geotags and many more features.
Here’s something that will help you make your post more visible on the platform.
How do I use #hashtags to get a photo to be seen by more people?
Basically hashtags are user invented and community adopted keyword search excelling in simplicity, speed, and accessibility. You need to use them and in the correct way. Including hashtags will provide you more visibility which is important if you want people to notice you. It will also help you to increase your followers on Instagram.
You can add hashtags in the caption or comments of your post. If you add hashtags to a post that is set to public, the post will be visible on the corresponding hashtag pages
To Tag a Photo or Video with a Hashtag:
- Take or upload a photo or video.
- Choose to add a filter, then type # followed by text or emoji in the Caption field (example: #mountains).
- If you want to add a hashtag to a post you’ve already uploaded, edit the caption or include your hashtag in the comment on your photo.
After you tag your post with a hashtag, you’ll be able to tap the hashtag to see a page that shows all photos and videos people have uploaded with a similar hashtag. Remember, hashtag is a search engine. If you want to attract more authentic followers to your Instagram account you must select your hashtags that are in trending and which the most Instagram users are seeking.
Hashtag is most popular means of categorizing content on social media that is why one should be more selective and conscious while commenting hashtags on the post. The hashtag that you use should be relevant to the uploaded post.
Steps to Find Hashtags on Instagram of Your Niche:
If you are confused and you don’t know what hashtags to use for your post then here is an easy solution that might help you to get relevant hashtags.
Since you know what you should avoid and what you are looking for, the easiest and fastest way is to search for it on Instagram itself.
- Tap on the little magnifying glass at the top of the Instagram screen.
- Type the word that you want to search for and hit the search button.
- Then at the top of your screen, select “Tags”. This will show your hashtags along with a list of similar hashtags.
- You can find your appropriate hashtags by scrolling down.
Now let’s talk about Do and Don’t of Hashtags:
- Spaces and special characters like $ or % won’t work so don’t insert them in your hashtags.
- Numbers, text along with emojis can be mentioned.
- You can use up to 30 tags on a single post but if you include more than 30 tags then your comment won’t be posted.
- Do be specific while using hashtags and use long-tail hashtags instead of short ones.
- Don’t use simple and boring hashtags that drop the interest of the people following you and they might unfollow you, as a result, your number of followers will decrease.
Most popular hashtags that are trending:
#love #food #fashion #tbt #food #nature #cute #life #happy #travel #foodie #fitness #fun #portrait #nofilters #friends #family #forever #celebration #alone #holiday #traveldiaries #bff #workplace #landscape #huji #filters #weddings
Instagram Search and Explore
Among few social media platforms Instagram consist features of Search and Explore tab in it. Instagram is an excellent way to boost your network through Instagram Explore section and chance to reach new users who might have never seen your content.
This post will be helpful to you as you will learn all the ways you can use Instagram Search and Explore.
How Instagram Search and Explore works:
First of all, you should have an idea about what you can search and explore on Instagram. You can tap on the search bar to start searching. You can search for the following:
If you tap on username then you will be brought to the user’s profile. Similarly, when you tap on the hashtag or location tag, you will see photos with the hashtag and location tag.
Below the search bar, you see an Explore section. This section helps you to discover the post that you may like on the basis of your Instagram activities.