YouTube without any doubt is the biggest platform for videos. YouTube is not only a platform for watching, uploading and sharing videos but also a online earning medium. YouTube is free, it’s very easily accessible even if you don’t have expensive equipment’s, and it has millions of users. Plenty of people get off to a good start using only their smartphone as a video recording device. Uploading your videos is fairly simple it just requires a free account, and that’s it. You can start making money on YouTube just by uploading videos like many others. The opportunity for views is there. If you learn to monetize your YouTube channel you’ll really have something going for you.
YouTube’s new monetization rules that were introduced on January 16th 2018, said that in order to be eligible for the YouTube Partner Program, you now need a total of 4,000 hours watch time in the past 12 months, and 1,000 subscribers which was a bit heartbreaking for small creators who were on their way. Monetizing your YouTube channel is not so difficult as you thinking. In fact, it’s very simple and easier. Today i’ll walk you through how the program works and how to set-up your account to begin earning revenue from your YouTube videos. Let’s check it out!
How YouTube Monetization Works?
After you complete the milestone of 1000 subscribers and 4,000 watch hours you are eligible for monetize your YouTube channel your videos can be submitted and approved for monetization. After your channel is monetized, YouTube will start placing ads around your video. It can be inside the video or somewhere near it. These ads will generate revenue for your channel but in order to earn the revenue that is generated from the ads you will need to associate an AdSense account with your YouTube account. The ads will only appear on your video if it meets all the guidelines of YouTube. If you upload someone else’s video, song or any other work that will not be eligible for placing ads. Your video might be removed and your channel can get a copyright strike. For more detailed information about copyright and fair use you can visit YouTube’s Copyright Center.
Basically the two main factors for earnings revenues are the type of ads and the pricing of the ads that appear with your videos. The Pre-roll ads, are the ads which lead into the beginning of a video, make more money per 1 thousand views than less obtrusive banners. You will make money per ad click and a smaller amount per view.
How Ads are Displayed on Youtube?
The ads which gets displayed with your videos are determined automatically based on a large number of factors. It includes how you categorize your video and video meta data.You need to make sure that your video titles, tags and descriptions are SEO friendly for best results. It is important to know that you cannot control all of the ads which appear on your channel. However, you are able to block ads by general categories and exclude sensitive categories via your AdSense account.
Step by Step Process for Monetizing Youtube Channel
- Login to your YouTube channel account.
- Go to the creator studio.
- Click on channel at the left side.
- Click on status and features.
- There you will find monetization box
- Click on enable monetization
- After you click enable monetization you need to follow the steps to accept the YouTube monetization agreement. Most importantly you need a total of 4,000 hours watch time in the past 12 months, and 1,000 subscribers.
- After you meet all the YouTube monetization requirements in the Uploads tab, you will see a green box with a dollar sign next to the videos that are immediately eligible for monetization. Videos that are not eligible to be monetized due to copyright will be appear under the Copyright Notices tab.
- As i said earlier you’ll need to associate an AdSense account to your YouTube channel. It is totally free to set up a new AdSense account. You will need either a PayPal or a bank account and a valid mailing address in order to have your account verified. AdSense will update you by mail once your account has been approved. You can also associate an existing, approved AdSense account to your channel.
My final tips to you would be just focus on great content and SEO. Keep working on this two factors and your videos will be viewed by millions of audience. Don’t expect success overnight. Keep up the hard work and stay patient. Another important tip is to share your videos and also encourage your viewers to share your videos on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, twitter etc.
Your channel will automatically generate revenue if your video reaches to many audience. Now you know how the YouTube monetization works and what are its requirements just go out there and start earning money by uploading great contents.