Instagram is for sure one of the best online apps that exists today, where you simply can share photos, videos and live stream with your followers wherever and whenever. But, keeping up with Instagram updates can be boring and irritating sometimes. Yes, I understand keeping up with everyone else’s picture perfect lives can be irritating when you are having a hard time. Social media platforms haven’t been in many people’s good list at the moment. These online platforms can be both boon and a curse. Also, everything that’s been posted online cannot be true always, especially not at this particular time period.
Want a break from this illusional world? or Have another account? Or Want to deactivate your Instagram account? Or Want to permanently delete your Instagram account? I have come here with all the solutions to your problems. But before you delete your account, have a second thought because once your account is deleted, you cant restore it. However, you can always temporarily deactivate your account. Follow the instructions below to deactivate or permanently delete your account. Let’s GO!
How to Deactivate Instagram Account- Temporary Delete
If you want to take a break from the immense Instagram world for a while, then you are probably considering deactivating the account. Simply, follow these easy steps to deactivate your Instagram
- Firstly, visit the official Instagram account and log in to your account. Remember, you cannot deactivate your Instagram account from within the app itself.
- Head to your profile page and tap on ‘Edit Profile.’
- Scroll down where you will find the ‘Temporarily disable my account’ option. Select it.
- Open the drop-down box next to ‘Why are you disabling your account’ and choose the option you find most relevant.
- Re-enter your Instagram password below the drop-down box when asked.
- Then, select ‘Temporarily Disable Account.’
Delete Instagram: How to delete Instagram Account Permanently
Had enough of Instagram’s posts? Want to delete your Instagram account permanently? Here are some steps that will assist you with that.
To permanently delete your Instagram account, simply follow these steps.
- Go to the Instagram official website and log into your account. Keep in mind you can’t delete your account within the app.
- Now, click on this link, which will take you to the ‘Delete Your Account’ page.
- Click on the drop-down bar just next to ‘Why are you deleting your account’ and choose the most relevant option for you.
- Re-enter your account when asked to.
- Then, select ‘Permanently delete my account’ icon.
- Open the Instagram app in your mobile and log into your account.
- Navigate to your profile page and click on the hamburger menu ( a three line menu icon).
- Scroll down to the Support section and click on the ‘Instagram Help Center’ option.
- You will reach to the Instagram Help Center page where you will see a ‘Manage My Account’ option. Click on it.
- Click on ‘Delete My Account’ once the page is done the loading.
- Then, click on How to delete my account.’
- Click on ‘Go to the Delete Your Account page’ and you will be headed into another page.
- You will be asked the reason for deleting your account. Choose the best reason for you.
- Re-enter your password and tap on Permanently delete my account.’
CONCLUSION: Deactivating or permanently deleting your Instagram account will only take you a couple of minutes or so. It’s that easy if you have made up your mind about taking a break from Instagram.