Back in the days when there were no OS like android and iOS on phones, people had to manually type in an endless amount of names, phone numbers and other information when they changed their phone. Today in this golden era of technology, we do not have to work so hard as our phone will do most of the work for us.
But still if you have to transfer your contacts from iOS to andriod it can be troublesome to many of you. Despite the fact that these two mobile operating systems are two different worlds, there are multiple ways to transfer your data from one device to another. This guide will show you how to move contacts from iOS to Android and vice versa. Read on the step-by-step solutions given below.
Transfer Contacts With iCloud
The easiest way to transfer your contacts from iPhone to Android phone is by using Apple’s iCloud service. If you have enabled iCloud on your iPhone, backing up contacts can be done in minutes. To export contacts from iCloud follow the steps given below.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > [Your Name] > iCloud > turn on iCloud service for Contacts. Tap Merge on the pop-up window.
- Then navigate to icloud.com on your computer’s web browser.
- Log in with your apple ID
- Then select “Contacts”. Click on the gear icon in the lower-left corner, then press “Select All”.
- Then select Export vCard. The VCF file containing the selected contacts will be saved on your computer.
Use Google Account
First and foremost, to use your Android phone you’ll need a Google account. If you already have one then set it up and if you don’t have a google account then you’ll need to create one. After you have a google account now you can use the Gmail syncing to transfer contacts from iPhone to Android phone.
- Go to gmail.com
- Log in to your Gmail account used in your smartphone.
- Click on the gmail logo located on the top left corner of your screen.
- Select contacts.
- Click the More in the drop-down menu and choose Import.
- Click Import again. The contacts will be automatically synced to your Android devices, connected to this account.
Export Contacts With iTunes
iTunes is an necessary tool to back up iOS device and sync data. iTunes can be frustrating sometimes, but it’s the only way out in some occasions. It is as easy as the other methods, and it definitely gets the job done. To transfer contacts from iPhone to Android phone follow the steps below.
- Download and launch iTunes.
- Then connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Open iTunes and navigate to the device screen by clicking “iPhone” in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click the Info tab.
- After you Open the Info tab, then check the box next to “Sync Contacts with.”
- Then select google contacts.
- Enter your google account’s username and password.
- Click on apply.
- Make sure your Android device is logged into the same Gmail account that allows Google to sync your contacts to your Android phone.
Use Third Party Apps
If you do not want to go with the official methods mentioned above you can always take the help of third party apps. There are plenty of third party apps available on iOS which are ready to help you transfer your contacts from iPhone to android. The app i would suggest you is My Contacts Backup which is available for both iOS and android. This is an efficient and easy to use app. Follow the steps below to use this app.
- Download and launch the app on your phone.
- Tap Backup to create a backup file of all your contacts.
- Once the backup is complete tap email, attach the VCF file to an email and send it to your Gmail account.
- On your new android phone, open the email and click on the VCF attachment, which allows your phone to import the contacts.
- After you’re done, save the email in your inbox. This can come in handy if you change your phone again.
This app also allows you to set up automatic backups of your contacts.
I hope this guide helped you to make a secure move of contacts from your iPhone to android phone and saved your time from typing each and every contact. By the process mentioned above you can not only transfer contacts but also photos, videos, messages and many more.
In case you have any questions related to this article or if you have anything to add that I have missed then please post it in the comment sections below. We would be more than happy to hear it from you.