What is Tumblr? How do we use Tumblr? What is Tumblr used for? How do we create blogs on Tumblr? Don’t know about creating blogs and using Tumblr account? No worries! You have come to the right place. Here you will get answers to all of your queries concerned to Tumblr. This guide is obliging to a beginner and an enthusiast as well. Have a look below and check out the guide to rock on Tumblr.
Tumblr is a microblogging that allows users to publish short blog posts. One can follow ‘Tumblelog’ as well in this social media tool. It can be considered as a cross between a social networking site (like Facebook and Twitter) and a blog. It is streaming online scrapbook of the post text, photos, videos and audio clips. This is a correct platform where you can express your interests among the people you love. Posts are often shared or reblogged from one Tumblr account to others. The main objective of Tumblr is to make blogging quick and easy.
Create an account on Tumblr.com
Let’s get started from the foremost thing to get started on Tumblr. That is, of course, creating an account on Tumblr. Are you wondering about creating a Tumblr Account? Awesome! You need not feel difficult to create an account on Tumblr. It is a few steps work to do. You just have to follow the steps below:
1. At the very first, you should open your browser. Type tumblr.com in the address bar. Then you will see the ‘Get Started’ and ‘Log In’ options like below:
2. If you are new to Tumblr then click on ‘Get Started’. It will ask you to enter an email, a password, and a username to create a new Tumblr account like in the below picture.
If you already have a Tumblr account you just need to log in using your login information. And click on the options to create a new blog.
3. Simply enter your email, password and username in the respective boxes. When you click on ‘Username’ field you will get options at the right side like in the image below. You can pick one from the list as your username. Though, you can change it later whenever you want.
4. Once done, click on ‘Sign up’ button.
5. Now you will have to enter your age and click on the ‘Next’ button. Before you hit the button, checkmark the tiny box to agree to the Tumblr terms of service.
Log in Your Tumblr Account
Already have a Tumblr account? Then you can easily log in to your Tumblr account. Here we have enlisted three easy steps below.
- Enter tumblr.com in the address bar of a browser. Then it will display the Tumblr home page. You will see ‘Get started’ and ‘Log in’ options there.
- Click on the ‘Login’ option on the page.
- Here you will need to enter your Tumblr account legitimate email and password. So that you can log in successfully.
Getting Started by choosing different Tumblr platform
Once you sign up to Tumblr, the first thing you will do is choose your interests. By that, I mean you are provided with many of the options and categories. Amongst those, you can choose any subjects that interest you. So that you would get to view blogs related to those topics and categories.
- In this step, you just have to choose different platforms of Tumblr that you like. The screen will come up after you sign up to Tumblr. In the upper right-hand corner, you will see a search bar.
- Just to help you get some feed and blogs on your dashboard, choose any blogs that interest you. Once you have chosen blogs from the top of the screen, click on the ‘Next’ button at the top-right corner.
- Finally, the dashboard will be built according to the platform you selected above. It will show you related blogs and posts that you would like.
How to Use Tools on Your Dashboard?
Okay! since you reach this step, I assume you have signed in to Tumblr already. If not, you have to log in to your Tumblr account to use these tools on Tumblr. You can sign up for a new account on Tumblr if you don’t have one yet. Read above for the help regarding getting started with Tumblr.
You will see different tools like text, photo, quote, link, chat, audio and video on the user’s navigation page like below in the image. You must log in to a Tumblr account successfully to get this.
The control panel has its own home button, mail, help, settings, and log out button. You can find it at the top of the screen on the right side. Well, read below to find out how you can use and make the most out of the tools in Tumblr.
You can write a text clicking ‘Text’ icon. Then add a title at the top. And type your text or message that you want to express and post. Once done with writing and adding a justifiable title, click on ‘Post’. You must post your blog or article or whatever to make it available on your dashboard and others. Similarly, you can either post videos, quotes, link, audio or video in your dashboard.
Add music to Tumblr
You just simply need to press the icon that looks like a purple pair of headphones for adding music on Tumblr. Here you can upload a music file in MP3 format that must be 10 MB in size or less. You can either select an MP3 file from the user’s computer. Or, a URL of a song from somewhere on the Internet.
Upload videos to Tumblr
For this, you just click on the ‘Video’ tool on your Tumblr dashboard. The video tool is resembled by a video camera icon. Or go to tumblr.com/new/video from the address bar of your web browser. Then press on ‘Upload a video’ to do so. Choose the file button and select the video file that you want to upload. The file must be an Mp4 format video file that must not exceed 100MB. You are allowed to upload five minutes long video per day. Click on the ‘Caption field’ to add a description to your video. This will add justification to the video you are uploading.
How to chat?
No wonder, it is obvious that you might want to get in touch with your friends or other bloggers on Tumblr. For that Tumblr has got a tool named ‘Chat’ to get connected with one another. If you wanna chat with someone you like then you can use a chat tool to communicate. You can chat with another blogger or friends available on Tumblr. Just click on the ‘Chat’ tool and choose a person with whom you want to start a conversation.
Personalize Your Appearance
Your profile appearance speaks up a lot about you and your blogs. Any haphazard profile won’t attract people. That’s why you have to personalize your appearance on the profile.
For this, you need to click on your account at the top-right corner and click on your user name. As you are new to dashboard there are no posts and you can edit your appearance. Select ‘Edit Appearance’ option for that. You can select your photo and add your name on ‘Untitled’. If you like you can change your background as well.
Add a description to your profile
Here you need to add a description in the description section. So that other bloggers can get information about you. And also let them know about what they can expect on your blogs. When you are done just click the ‘Save’ button on the top right of the column.
Reblog the Pictures You Like
You can reblog or like something you like by going to the lower right corner of the post. Click the ‘Heart’ button to like it or click the two arrows to reblog it. Then you can add your own message if you want to or you can simply just click the ‘Reblog’ button. In this way, you can reblog other posts that will appear on your blog page.
Reblog a Post
Now that you are ready to create a blog the way you want using your Tumblr account. You can create your own post, add photos and many more. The amazing thing about Tumblr is that you can reblog something from other’s account. On your dashboard, you will be able to see the blogs that you follow and posted on your account. Finally, you have created your blog successfully just like the way you want.
Reset Tumblr Password
Are you thinking about resetting your Tumblr Password? If you have forgotten your Tumblr password, you can reset it. Perhaps, you are busy and have many of the accounts. It is quite obvious to forget your passwords and credentials. But you don’t have to worry. Tumblr facilitates you to reset your password.
Method 1: Reset Using Tumblr Reset Password Option
This method is effective only if you remember your existing password and you just want to reset it. Or simply this method will change your Tumblr password. Implement the steps below.
- Firstly log in to your Tumblr account and go to your Account Settings.
- Tap on ‘Setting’ under the account at the top of the dashboard.
- Click in the ‘Password’ section and enter the current existing password of your Tumblr.
- Now, enter the new password you want to set and reenter the password to confirm.
- Finally, click ‘Save’ to save your new password.
Next time you log in to your Tumblr, enter your old username and the new password.
Method 2: Reset the Forgotten Password
This method is useful even if you don’t remember your current password. This is life saving. Right? Have a look at the steps below.
- Open your web browser and visit the link. This will take you to Tumblr password reset page.
- Enter your Tumblr Account email address that you need to log in your account.
- Click on ‘I’m not a robot’ captcha and tap the ‘Reset’ button below which is in red colour.
- Then the page will appear displaying the notification of email to reset the password.
- Open your email account in a new tab and check for a message.
- Open the mail received. If you don’t find it in your inbox then check in Spam or Social folder.
- Click on ‘Reset Password’ then enter the new password. Re-enter your new password for confirmation. Click ‘Set your password’ button shown below.
- On the newly redirected page, enter your email and click the ‘Next’ button.
- A new screen will appear like the one below with two different login options. Tap ‘Use password to log in’ and enter your new password.
Finally, you can fabulously login to your account and enjoy posts and blogging. The procedure may seem lengthy to read but it won’t take up much of your time.
How to customize your Tumblr sites?
You can easily customize your Tumblr sites changing the colours and fonts. Indeed, change the way how pictures are displays, where modules are presented, and so on. That too, in just a few couples of steps.
Step 1: Open your web browser and navigate to Tumblr home page. Enter your account email and password to log in to your account.
Step 2: Click the name of your blog next to the dashboard link at the top of the page.
Step 3: Then open the ‘customize theme’ module. Click on theme heading from the toolbar.
Step 4: If you have the knowledge of HTML and CSS then you can type code in the spaces between “ ” after deleting source code of your blog.
Step 5: Click on ‘Update preview’ and check whether it looks like you desire.
Step 6: If you are happy by their blogs then press the ‘Save + Close’ button at the top right corner of toolbar.
In this article, we attempted to provide you with the best of all the information regarding Tumblr. It is inclusive of tutorials for creating a brand new Tumblr account, log in. Not to miss different methods for resetting the password for an existing Tumblr. Indeed, inclusive of tips for customizing sites on your Tumblr account. We are quite sure that it is beneficial for you.
Enjoy having fun with Tumblr. Create your blogs, share other’s blogs. Get to explore a new world there!