Xender is a cross-platform file sharing app which allows sharing any type of files on mobile and desktop. Though the Bluetooth technology has improved with the new version, not every device equips the latest Bluetooth technology. Apart from that, it becomes hectic to transfer files between two devices instantly using Bluetooth.
In cases like that, Xender becomes quite handy for sharing a bunch of files without the use of mobile data. This app doesn’t require a PC installation or USB connection to share files. Its users can create a private network and sync with other devices to share files, documents, music, videos, and photos. Aren’t well aware of how exactly you can use the Xender app to share files from small to large, this article will help you with that.
How to transfer files on Android?
Here’s how you can transfer any sort of files on Android. Before that, make sure you have downloaded the Xender app from the Google Play Store.
- Once the app is installed on your Android device, tap on it and you will reach the app’s main window.
- On the app’s main window, you will see a bunch of options i.e. History, Photos, Video, Music, etc. to choose from.
- Select the files that you want to share and tap on the ‘Send’ button that will be below the screen.
- The recipient, on the other hand, will have to tap on the ‘Receive’ option and enable location access as well.
- A new interface pops up on your screen with a QR code.
- Allow the other device to scan the QR code and the files selected will start transferring.
How to use Xender to transfer files from Android to iPhone?
- Launch the Xender app on your Android device and tap on the ‘Send’ option you will see at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- You will see a ‘Connect to iPhone’ option pop-up on the screen showing the ‘AndroidShare Wi-Fi network’ and password to enable connection with the iPhone.
- Now, the Android device will set up a virtual network which will be shown in the iPhone’s Wi-Fi settings.
- To ensure the connection, the iOS user will have to go to the settings menu, tap on the Wi-Fi settings and click on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Then, the iOS user will have to select the Android Wi-Fi network, enter the password provided, and tap on the ‘Connect’ icon.
- The devices will now be connected and you can share files to the recipient.
How to transfer apps from Android to PC using the Xender app?
- Launch the Xender app on your Android device and Xender site on your desktop.
- Go to the Xender app’s main window in your Android device and swipe left of the screen where you will see ‘Connect to PC’ option.
- Tap on it and you will be asked to scan the QR code which you will see on the Xender desktop site.
- All the files on your Android devices will be shown on your desktop screen.
- Choose the files accordingly that you want to transfer and upload them on your desktop.
How to Transfer Files Between iOS Devices Using Xender?
Before you start transferring files between two iOS devices using Xender, make sure you have a Wi-Fi network available nearby. After you have ensured a secure Wi-Fi network, follow the step-by-step instructions to transfer files successfully between two iOS devices.
- Both the iOS devices should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network to start transferring files.
- Once both the devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, tap on the ‘Connect Friend’ option in your Xender app.
- Now, you will be directed to another page where you will see the devices connected within the same Wi-Fi connection. Choose a friend’s device.
- Now, you can start sharing files with another iOS device.
How to receive files from iPhone to Android using Xender?
If you want to transfer files and share photos and videos from iPhone to Android, you need to follow the following steps:
- Firstly, open the Xender app on your Android device and tap on the ‘Receive’ icon.
- Your device will then start searching for other devices. At the bottom right side of the screen, you will see ‘Connect to iPhone?’ Click on it.
- Open the Xender app on your iPhone and create a hotspot.
- Ask your Android friend to join the hotspot.
- Once you both are connected, you can easily transfer files and share photos, videos with each other.
CONCLUSION: It’s just that easy and you can exchange any sort of files anytime and that too instantly. Xender is known for its fast processing and its efficiency. You will no longer have to deal with Bluetooth settings, airdrop tricks, and social media apps like Viber and Whatsapp. You can easily share high-quality photos and videos quickly.