How to retrieve deleted messages on WhatsApp
If you accidentally deleted or somehow lost your WhatsApp chat history, you can restore it. WhatsApp automatically stores your chats from the last seven days. If you just need to restore deleted chats from your most recent backup and you already had your information backed up to the cloud, uninstalling and reinstalling the app is the easiest way.
1. Open WhatsApp.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Chats.
4. Tap Chat backup.
5. If you see a backup, proceed.
6. Uninstall and re-install WhatsApp.
7. Open WhatsApp and agree to the terms.
8. Select your backup and tap Restore
How to use Whatsapp on PC
Go to ‘web.whatsapp.com’ and scan the code that you see on your PC screen.
a) Open Whatsapp on your phone
b) Tap ‘Menu’ or ‘Setting’ option and select ‘Whatsapp web’
c) Point your phone to the screen to capture the given QR code.
How to send a message or chat
1. Open Chat page.
2. Tap ‘New chat’ icon at the top right corner of the screen, on an android tap white and green icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
3. Select a contact.
4. Tap ‘Chat’ box which is at the bottom of the screen.
5. Type in the message you want to send.
6. Send your chat by clicking the ‘Send’ icon.
How to hide a chat
Hold your finger on the chat you want to hide, then select Archive from the popup menu. Archived chats will reappear when you get a new message from that contact.
How to know if the sent message has been seen?
When your message is sent at the bottom of the text a grey tick will be shown. When your message is delivered to your friend 2 grey ticks will be shown. When your message is read by your friend 2 blue ticks will be shown.This way you can know if a person has viewed your message or not.
How to add a contact?
1. Open the chat page.
2. Tap on the ‘New chat’ icon on the top right corner of the screen. If you are using a mobile phone, tap the white and green icon at the bottom right corner of your screen.
3. Tap ‘New Contact’ on the top of the page.
4. Enter the contact’s first name in the given fields. Tap ‘First name’ text box, then type in the contact’s name. On your mobile, you will type in the ‘Name’ field. You can also choose to add their last name and company affiliation, but at least you need to enter the first name here.
5. Tap the ‘add phone’ option in the middle of the screen. On android tap ‘Phone’.
6. Enter the phone number. This entered number should have a Whatsapp account associated with it.
7. Tap ‘Done’. It is on the top right corner of the screen. On Android, tap ‘SAVE’ and skip the next step.
8. Tap ‘Done’ located at the top left corner of the screen, doing so will create the contact to your contact list.
How to invite a friend to WhatsApp.
If your friend is not using Whatsapp but you would like them to use it then you can send them a WhatsApp invitation.
1. Open the ‘New Chat’ page. Scroll down to the bottom of the page, tap ‘Invite Friends to WhatsApp’. On Android, you’ll just tap ‘Invite friends’.
2. Select a method of Whatsapp invitation delivery (e.g., Messages).
3. Enter your friend’s contact information.
4. Send the invitation.
How to create Whatsapp status
1. Open Whatsapp chat page.
2. Tap ‘Status’, it is located on the lower left side of the screen. If you are using Android then tap ‘STATUS’ located at the top of the screen.
3. Tap on the camera icon. You’ll see this to the right of the ‘Status’ heading at the top of the page. If you want to create a text-only status, tap the pencil icon instead. On Android, the camera icon is in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
4. Click your desired photo by pressing the circular button on the screen. If you’re creating a text status, type in your desired status. You can also tap the paint palette icon to change the background color or tap the T to change the font of the text.
5. Tap on the ‘Send’ icon located on the lower right corner of the screen, doing so you might be asked to confirm your choice, tap ‘Send’ again.
How to make a call in Whatsapp
Do you want to make an audio or a video call in Whatsapp? It is possible to make a call from WhatsApp. Follow the given steps.
1. Open the ‘Chat’ page.
2.Tap ‘New chat’ icon (on android tap white and green icon on the bottom right corner of the screen)
3. Select the contact you want to make a call with.
4. Tap ‘Call’ icon is shaped like a phone and is located at the top right corner of the screen.
5. Once the call connects, you can switch to video call by clicking the ‘video camera icon’ on the screen, you can also start video call only by tapping this icon after selecting the contact instead of the call icon.
How to add attachments to the chat
1. Open or create a new chat.
2. To send a photo.
a)Tap on the camera-shaped icon to the right of the text box
b)Tap ‘OK’ or ‘Allow’ every time it is asked to
c)Click a new photo or select from the existing one
d)Add caption if necessary
e)Tap ‘Send’ icon
3. Tap ‘+’ icon located at the bottom left corner of the screen, it will prompt a menu on android tap on the ‘add attachment’ icon shaped like a file holder.
4. Select the type of file you want to send to the chat
a) Document: It allows you to choose a document from your smartphone’s storage.
b) Location: It allows you to send a map of your current location.
c) Contact: It allows you to send a contact’s information.
d)Audio: It allows you to send an audio clip. This is available only for android users.
5. Send a document, contact, or location depending on your selected option in the last step, if you chose,
a) Document: Go to the location of the document you want to send, select the document, and tap ‘Send’.
b) Location: Allow any permissions your smartphone requests, then tap ‘Send Your Current Location’ to send the map.
c) Contact: Select a contact, confirm their details, and tap ‘Send’.
d) Audio: Select the audio you want to send, then tap ‘OK’.
How to Format the chat text.
You can use different text tags to apply to format, such as the following, to the text message:
a)Bold: Place an asterisk on either side of the text you want to bold
(e.g., *hello beautiful* becomes hello beautiful).
b)Italics: Place an underscore on either side of the text you want to italicize
(e.g., _hello_ becomes hello).
c)Strikethrough: Place a tilde on either side of the text you want to cross out
(e.g., ~write your text here~).
d)Code: Place three right-facing accent marks on either side of the text you want to use
(e.g., “`Hello beautiful“` becomes
How to create a group chat
1. Open the ‘Chat’ page.
2. Tap ‘New Group’, this will open a list of your WhatsApp contact. If you are using an android tap on the top right corner of the screen then tap on the ‘New group’ option in the dropdown.
3. Select the contacts you want to add in the particular group chat, a single group chat can have up to 256 contacts only.
4. Tap ‘Next’ located on the top right corner of the screen. If on Android, click the right-facing arrow in the bottom right corner of the screen.
5. Enter the desired group name. You can also upload a group photo, for this tap the camera icon, select a photo that you want to upload, and take a new photo or select a photo from your device.
6. Tap ‘Create’ located on the top right corner of the screen. If on Android, click the ‘tick’ icon.
7. You can now message your group chat like any usual chat.
Note: You can not voice or video call your group chat.
We hope this post was helpful for you to get started on Whatsapp. Visit our site www.webtechtutorial.com for more information on tech-related topics.