Do you ever feel the want to listen to a certain song on repeat? Maybe you just want to watch a blooper video on YouTube again and again. Whatever may be the case, there are a few ways you can loop videos on YouTube.
YouTube videos are not meant to be watched just once and never to be played again after you have seen it for one time. You can enjoy the same video on repeat over and over again unless you get over the addiction you have for it. There are many videos out there that are actually worth watching over and over again. Some videos may be inspirational videos, cooking recipe’s videos, motivational videos, training videos, DIY videos or you any video that suits your mood.
On YouTube one way to loop video is to wait for the video to end and hit the repeat option, not what you are looking for right? This option is very annoying, when you want to relax with your video playing next to you on repeat without you having to make any efforts. But, why take the time to keep hitting the replay button when you don’t have to?
Let us tell you, you can now set your favorite YouTube videos to loop, without the need for third party apps,this is all thanks to a new loop feature. This option is made for when you find a video on YouTube that you just can not get enough of and want to play it over and over again.
You will no longer have to reply on any third party app to loop YouTube videos for you, you can do it on your own with the new feature of YouTube. You can always choose to select or de-select the looping function to fit your needs.
Loop YouTube Videos on Desktop
- Open your browser and go to www.youtube.com.
- Search for your desired video. After you find the desired video thumbnail, click on it to play it. The video will open and begin to play.
- Now move your cursor over the playing video. Right click on the video, you will find a menu. From the menu that appears, select ‘Loop’. You will see a small tick mark that will indicate that the loop feature has been turned on. If you are using a mouse that does not have a right click button, (like, a Magic Mouse on a Mac), then you need to click the right side of the mouse or use two fingers to click the mouse. Also if your computer uses a track-pad instead of a mouse, use two fingers to click the track-pad or you can also click on the bottom-right side of the track-pad, it will function as a right-click.
- You can now enjoy your YouTube video loop. Make sure that the selected video will play on a loop until you close it or disable the loop feature.
- If you want to turn off the loop, right click and select loop again. It will deselect the loop feature.
- Open your browser and go to www.youtube.com.
- Type in the desired video name or enter a search term into the search bar at the top of the YouTube page, then press enter key. Or find the desired video thumbnail, click on it to play it. The video will open and begin to play.
- Now you will need to modify the URL of the video to make it continuously loop. At the end of the video’s URL you need to add a looping code, ‘&autoplay=1&loop=1’. Enter your modified URL on your web browser and hit the enter key. You will be now redirected to your new modified URL.
- You can now enjoy your looped YouTube video. Use these methods to loop any videos you like.
You will not be asked to log in unless you want to view content that is restricted to 18 and over Accounts. If you need to Log In, click ‘SIGN IN’ located at the top right corner of the page, then enter your registered YouTube E-mail address and password.
Loop YouTube videos on I phone
The YouTube App available on I Phone does not support video looping also the YouTube desktop site on I Phone. Plus to make you even frustrated there isn’t a reliable and free app that will loop available videos for you. But we have a fix to your this problem, you can create a playlist and play it on loop on you I phone. Let us show you how;
- Open the YouTube App on your I phone. If you are not logged in to your YouTube account, tap the profile icon located at the top right corner of your screen, tap ‘SIGN IN’ and enter your email address and password.
- Search for your desired video. If you know the video URL, just type it down or enter a search item in the search bar. Tap on ‘Search’ on I phone’s keyboard. This will bring up a list of matching YouTube videos.
- Select the video you want to play on loop.
- Tap ‘Add to’ option that is right below the video’s window. You will see a drop down menu.
- Select ‘Create new playlist’ option from the drop down menu. This option should be on the top of the drop down.
- Enter any playlist name you want to that will consist the video you want to loop. Enter it in the text field at the top of your screen.
- After you are happy with your playlist name tap on the ‘Tick’ button to save the entered playlist.
- Tap on the video minimize icon, it is the small downward facing arrow that is located at the top left corner of the video window. This will minimize the video.
- Tap on ‘Library’ it is a folder shaped option located at the bottom of the screen. It will open a menu.
- Scroll down the menu and select the playlist you want to play on loop. Tap on the playlist you want to loop. If you do not find your desired playlist, tap on ‘Playlist (Recently added)’ then tap A-Z in the drop down menu.
- Tap the play button, it is the red circle with a white play symbol in it. Doing this, it will prompt your playlist’s video to begin playing.
- Open the playlist’s menu option, it is the downward facing arrow button that is located right next to your playlist’s name inside the grey bar that is just below the video’s window.
- Tap on the grey ‘loop’ icon. It looks like a rectangle that is formed by combination of arrows, it is located at the upper left side of the options. When you tap on it, it will turn white once selected.
- You can now close the option menu. Your video will now be played on repeat unless you de-select the loop function.
Loop YouTube videos on Android
If you are trying to do this on a phone, it won’t really work from the YouTube app. I’ve tried it and the only way is to tap on the repeat button when the video finishes. If you need to replay a video on your phone, use the web browser and then use one of the web methods mentioned below
- Open Chrome on your Android device. Tap on the Chrome address bar and type in ‘youtube.com’ then proceed. Tap ‘Enter’ or ‘Go’ on your keyboard.
- Tap on the 3 vertical dots on the right hand side of the YouTube page.It will prompt a menu. Do not get confused with the similar icon that is located just below it on the top right corner of the chrome browser.
- Tap ‘Desktop’, it will be on the bottom of the menu. This option will prompt YouTube page to reload in desktop version of YouTube. If you are asked to select a browser, click on ‘Chrome’ then only tap ‘Desktop’ again. YouTube might even ask you to open YouTube in app and not in chrome, if so just exit the prompt and do not agree to it.
- Search for the video you want to loop. Once you enter the desired search key or video name, press ‘Enter’ or ‘Go’ option on your Android’s keyboard. Select your video.
- After the video starts playing, tap and hold on the video’s window, it will prompt a drop down menu on the video screen.
- Select ‘Loop’ from the drop down. Your selected video will be infinitely looped until you disable the loop option. To do so, tap and hold on the screen again and de-select the loop feature.
This loop of course will apply to any Ads or introduction that the video contains as the creator of the video themselves have inserted into the beginning of the video. Thus, this new feature is not the perfect loop function, but at least users are now finally able to access this relatively basic loop function without relying on any third party apps.
There may be all sorts of reasons you want to loop a video. Maybe it is your favorite song, a comedy video you can’t get enough of. Whatever it may be you can watch it over and over again. Do get back with us and let us know what types of videos you like watching on repeat.