Zoom is basically a platform that allows you to start meetings, conduct webinars, make video calls, and conduct conferences. This is effective and efficient as it is free to use and easy to handle as well. The service is being popular as it supports 1k participants and 10k viewers. Also, it is well suited for any business, organization, and for educational purposes.
You can easily get access to join meeting in no time and host the meeting too. The only thing you need to do to use the services of Zoom is to create a Zoom account and sign in to it. You can sign out real quick once you are done.
Here is how you can create a Zoom account. That can either be for your business, school, or personal account.
Steps to Create a Zoom Account
1. Head to the Zoom sign up page from any preferred browser. For that, visit the website www.zoom.us and click on the ‘Sign Up’ button located in the upper right corner. Or simply click here to get to the Zoom sign up page.
2. Set your date of birth on the page. You have to select the month, day, and year respectively from the drop-down menu. It is recommended to enter your real birth date. Also that you must be at least 13 years old to sign up for Zoom. This rule is to help protect young children online. If you need to sign up for a child, the parents can enter their details.
3. Then click on the ‘Continue’ button and it will redirect to a new page like the one below.
4. On the page like above, enter your email address, preferably your work email address. Then click on the ‘Sign Up’ button.
5. Now, check your email that you have entered. It is because Zoom will send a confirmation code to that email address. Check the Spam folder too. If you don’t receive any mail from Zoom, click on ‘Resend another email’ to try again.
6. Click the ‘Activate Account’ button for confirmation. You will find a button/ link in the email from Zoom that was sent to your aforementioned email address. It will take you back to their website so that to complete the sign-up process.
7. You will be asked to choose whether or not you are signing up on behalf of a school. Select ‘Yes’ if you are using Zoom for educational purposes. Select ‘No’ if you are using Zoom for other purposes such as personal video call with friends.
8. Now, fill out the new form. Enter your first name, last name, and password in the text boxes respectively. Also, re-enter the password to confirm and click ‘Continue’. Your password must satisfy the provided instructions.
Note that your password should be strong but easy for you to remember. You need that password to sign in later.
9. Now you are at the final step. You will have to invite your colleagues. Enter the email addresses of your colleagues, friends, or whoever you want to invite to Zoom. Although, you can skip this step as this is an optional step. Click ‘Skip this step’ to do so.
Congratulations! You have done it. Now you are all set. You can now use your own Zoom account to access the services of Zoom.
How to Sign In to Zoom Account?
Signing in to Zoom from website i.e zoom.us and Zoom app is the same steps to follow. Both ways, signing process to Zoom is real quick and easy. It is better to download the Zoom app and sign in through it. So that you will have quick access to it, literally on your fingertip.
Sign in to your Zoom account in simple two steps, here’s how!
1. Open the Zoom app if you have already installed the Zoom app on your device. Your device might be an android phone, iPhone or computer. If you don’t have the app installed, head to the Zoom login page. You can simply click on the link.
2. On this sign-in interface, enter your email and password of your Zoom account. The credentials must be the same that you have entered while creating your Zoom account.
If you had created your Zoom account via Google, Facebook or SSO, you can sign in via it. Select the other sign-in option that is appropriate to you on the same sign-in interface.If you signed up with SSO, Google or Facebook.
If you want to keep your Zoom credentials remembered, then select and checkmark the ‘Keep me signed in’. It is recommended to turn it on if you have Zoom meetings on a regular basis.
How to Sign Out Zoom Account?
You may want to sign out of your Zoom account after the meeting ends. Perhaps, you don’t like to use the Zoom app anymore or want to add another Zoom account. Whatsoever, here we will give step by step instruction to log out of a Zoom account. That is doable both for computer and phone apps.
Sign Out Zoom on PC
Follow these steps to sign out a Zoom account from your PC (Windows or Mac).
1. Open the Zoom app on your laptop or desktop. If you are already signed in to a Zoom account, you can see a profile icon at the upper right corner of the screen.
2. Click on the profile icon. The profile icon is resembled by a letter or the display picture you had set.
3. Then click and select ‘Sign Out’ option at the end of the menu.
Sign Out Zoom on Mobile
Follow these steps to sign out a Zoom account from your mobile phone (Android or iOS).
1. Open the Zoom app on your phone. If you are already logged out, you will be asked to sign in.
2. Tap on‘Settings’ icon at the lower right corner of the phone.
3. Then tap on your name at the top to open your profile.
4. Scroll to the end and tap on ‘Sign out’.
You will immediately be signed out of Zoom. But, you can sign in back again with another or the same Zoom account.
In conclusion, sign in and sign out processes on Zoom doesn’t take you a long time. It is really quick and easy. You can sign in and out anytime you want. Sign in process is the same for every device (android, iOS, laptop, desktop). Whereas, sign out process differs a little for PC and phone.